Add/Remove Programs Not working!! please help

Discussion in 'Software' started by fireman418, Dec 19, 2006.

1. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

Does anyone know the reason why in the add/remove programs section there would be no tab to click uninstall?
    I am trying to remove counterspy cause it is expired but there is no uninstall tab for it or for any program for that matter.
    I am logged in as the administrator too.
    Any thoughts?

2. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

There are also lots of programs missing too
    CCleaner is missing programs to uninstall too, and there are issues listed when an issues scan was done too.

3. greger

greger Private E-2

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Did you fix the issues, within CC?

5. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

Have you tried a System Restore?

6. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

I didn't resolve the issues cause i didn't want to cause anymore problems and it said it was going to delete them.
    also i think it was after i did a system restore a few days ago that this started, when i was trying to uninstall Zone alarm.

7. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

I tried the uninstaller and it only says i have 7 programs to remove. 5 are windows updates.

8. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

i did a system restore a fews days ago when i was cleaning my computer from malware and following the steps listed on this site, but it wouldn't let me go back to any restore points that were listed

9. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

I got an update for CC and then fixed all the issues, but still nothing.

10. Kniht

Kniht Sergeant

If you feel comfortable looking in the registry, go to Start >> Run

In Run type "regedit" (without the quotes), click OK

In regedit navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Click on the + of the Uninstall key and see how many programs are listed.

Do not make any changes, just look to see what is listed. If most of your programs are missing, sometimes a third party software can cause this.

Let us know what you find.

11. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Try booting in(SAFE MODE) I could not delete something once until I was in Safe Mode

12. fireman418

fireman418 Private E-2

there are only 7 things. 2 are programs, AV, and CC and the others are updates starting with KB, thats all.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds