Add Remove Programs Trouble!!!! Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kush, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Kush

Kush Private E-2

Hello all,
    I'm running Windows XP Home on a Compaq Presario. 512 RAM, 160 GIG HD, 2.3 MHz processor. I'm not sure if I got hit by a virus or not. In my Add Remove programs screen I have an area that is quite long in the screen and goes from solid black to stripes of grey, green, black and white and back to solid black. I have run trend micro, AVG, ScanSpyware, Adaware, Spybot, CW Shedder, and a couple others. Does anyone have a clue what this is? I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks In advance
    Kush

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I know the program Ringtone Ripper can cause that, do you have it installed?

Steve

3. Kush

Kush Private E-2

Thanks for the reply Steve.
    No. That's not on my machine. The only odd software I have is Any DVD. I has been stable so far but I'm wondering.

Kush

4. Kush

Kush Private E-2

Steve,
    is Ringtone Ripper spyware or something that could auto download from a site???? My step kid might have gotten into something.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I don't think it is spyware, not that familiar with it. Has got to be some sort of program for ringtones for cell phones, I guess.

Do a search for it on your hardrive.

Also, is there a large gap of white space between the lines?

Steve

6. Kush

Kush Private E-2

I'm doing the search now. The large gap of white shrinks toward the middle of the entry and then goes back out as you go down.

Marcus

7. Kush

Kush Private E-2

Nothing on the search. Could she have got started with a partial and stopped it in the middle. Doesn't seem like it but..............

8. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I think a search would have found something. It's just a guess, wait for some other responses / ideas.

Steve

9. Kush

Kush Private E-2

Thanks Steve.

10. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sorry Kush, you will get some other ideas, lot of experience and knowledge here.

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds