Add/remove windows components problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by JustinHEMI05, Jan 29, 2007.

1. JustinHEMI05

JustinHEMI05 Private E-2

Hey all

For the life of me I can't figure out what is going on with this one. When I click on the add/remove windows components button I get the message pictured below. Does anyone have any idea what happened and how to fix it? Thanks.

Justin

[​IMG]

2. JustinHEMI05

JustinHEMI05 Private E-2

I am sorry it looks like its kinda small and hard to read. It says;

Setup was unable to open information file note.inf

Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0x2 at line 2088999440

Thanks

Justin

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

4. JustinHEMI05

JustinHEMI05 Private E-2

Thank you I will try it out.

Justin

5. scsc

scsc Private E-2

hey justin...i have the same problem. was curious to know if you found a solution? thx

6. gw01f

gw01f Private E-2

Hi

The problem arrives from what seems to be the installation of the VAIOXP.
    Well that seems to be my root cause. I tried to install a new version, but now luck, so I assume it was in an older version.

Anyways, I fixed my problem, by taking another pair of INF/PNF files (skins.INF/skins.PNF), and I renamed them to the missing INF. In my case, this was sidebar.INF/siderbar.PNF.
    [ c:\windows\inf ]

Well that seems to have solved it.
    Good luck

Dane Balia

7. thwaitei

thwaitei Private E-2

Thanks Dane - your solution got me out of a hole today

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds