adding to domain

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by liz, Sep 16, 2004.

1. liz

liz Private E-2

ok so i am trying to add a 98 se gateway onto a domain but i cant seem to get it on. why? i have all my assigned ip addresses and i can see the domain when i ping it but i cant seem to get it onto the domain. what am i doing wrong. someone help me.

2. Wookie

Wookie Sergeant Major

Got nothin to do with the gateway, you gotta go into the computer name and where it says workgroup type in the domain name there. I think its the second tab in the network options.

3. liz

liz Private E-2

ok i did that but a error comes up after i restart it and it says this
    no domain server was available to validate your password. you may not be able to gain access to some network resources.

so now what?
    i know i have the right password cuz it works on other computer that are already joined on the domain. i am just having problems joining the 98's onto the domain. got any other ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds