Adding wallpaper to network computers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zedder221, Sep 30, 2008.

1. zedder221

zedder221 Private E-2

i have a win2003 server on a network using xp pro computers. i have a blue background on all my network pc's. i used group policy management to deploy a background but none of them take. I cant find help anywhere on the web...can someone please tell me how to add the wallpaper?! I really appreciate it!

2. the_g_bomb

the_g_bomb Private E-2

I'm not too not on group policy etc, but do you have to copy the wallpaper to all the machines first? Are the registry updates made by group policy copied to the machine locally, with local paths, so if you role out a background would you have to make sure that each machines have the background saved locally too?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds