additional cooling ideas???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej25lvr, Oct 19, 2005.

1. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

my setup runs pretty cool or it did until i got the game fear. after id say 20 mins my bfg 6800gt vid card gets to hot, start to see odd images and eventually locks up. i know its the cooling issue cause i turned the a/c on for a bit and it played fine. but the weather is getting cooler and no need to run the a/c. case is a antec lan boy with 2 120mm fans and a nice size cooler and 2 fans on the vid card. vid card reached 92 degc when i checked while playing the game and inside the case reached 132degf i dunno how else to keep it cool. thanks

2. fxman

fxman Private First Class

Hey go to the post "another one from this chick" in the case and modding It is about managing wiring. I dont know if this is something you have thought about but I do know that when I re did the wiring on my first computer it brought it WAY down. It is something to consider if you havent already. I have posted several pics there on what I did to my sons gaming computer that may help you out. Halo posted a website that would be very helpful as well. i dont know if this is your problem but may be worth looking into. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds