address book from outlook express

Discussion in 'Software' started by eclayton, May 31, 2004.

1. eclayton

eclayton Sgt. Shorts-cough

I would like to export my address book from OutLook Express to another computer....how do I do that?
    I'm running Windows 2000 professional on the computer that I want the addresses FROM, and Windows xp Professional on the computer that I want to export to.

Thanks guys,
    Eric

2. newgroove

newgroove <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/089815186

Hey Eric,
    Hope this helps...I just exported my address book to a new computer not too long ago so I know this works!
    1. On the File menu, point to Export, and then click Address Book.
    2. Choose a format for the export. To export your address book directly from Outlook Express, choose Microsoft Exchange Personal Address Book. To use a file with address information separated by commas, select Text File.
    3. Click Export.
    Good luck!
    -Lexi

3. eclayton

Hey, thanks for the reply.

So, I go to the "old" computer, follow your instructions, and that will send it to my "new" computer? I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

Eric

4. eclayton

Well, actually, I got it. I tried so many different ways of doing it, I couldn't tell you how I did it! :D

Actually, on my old computer I went to documents and settings/Eric/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book and copied the two files that were there. Then I shared those, and copied the files to my desktop on my new computer. Then I went to Outlook Express/File/Import/Desktop/and double clicked the files. That seemed to work! :)

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help!

Eric

5. newgroove

newgroove <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/089815186

Glad you got it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds