Adjusting color

Discussion in 'Software' started by IMSA, Apr 6, 2005.

1. IMSA

IMSA Private First Class

When working with Corel Draw, the color I choose from the color chart and the color that actualy prints on my HP 9650 Deskjet are several shades off. For example I may fill with a mint green and a grass green color is printed. What do I adjust so my fill colors are printed the same color as they appear on my monitor? Is it a printer issue? A monitor issue? A Corel Draw issue?

Thanks,

IMSA

2. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

printers don't tend to print the same colors as you'll see on a screen. in fact, there's no way anyone can reproduce the true blue or true green as they really are. lcd monitors come the closest, although it's not nearly perfect. printers (especially inkjets) don't come anywhere near close. i'd say that laser colors come closest... but i'm not too sure. anyway, it's definitely a tech problem more than anything else. no one's at fault, but if i had to point a finger, it'd be at the printer since it's the worst at reproducing colors.

3. Robert

Robert Sergeant

I reckon it's your monitor telling you the lie. You need to adjust it to more correctly reflect what you see is what is printed. Beyond that i am no expert except that I fiddled with my monitor RGB controls on my LG CRT after checking first with a little freebie called Quick Gamma. That said I get almost perfect results with Photoshop and Irfan but with Micrografix Draw an old vector program (and a damn good one) I have to use native cunning to get what the printed color right.
    Hope this helps
    Robert

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds