Adjusting settings for kids

Discussion in 'Software' started by inna_chy, Jun 15, 2006.

1. inna_chy

inna_chy Private E-2

Since I’m going to have a bunch of kids here for the summer, I’ve created them their own account. Is their a way to limit the programs (*cough*instant messenger and chat rooms*cough*) and browser options (clearing history, cookies, etc.) through the admin settings?

When I tried to uninstall Yahoo IM in the kids account it said it had to be done through the admin setting, and when I tried to run WebShots (which is already under start/programs) for the kids it wouldn’t run.

Is there something I’m missing, or need to do differently? Or is there a way to uninstall and reinstall certain programs under just Admin while others are for all users?

Becca

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds