Admin name and password for D-Link 614+

Discussion in 'Software' started by FullOBlarney, Apr 10, 2004.

1. FullOBlarney

FullOBlarney Private E-2

:rolleyes:...I cannot remember what name and password I used when setting up my DL 614+ router. Is there a way I can find this information? Please help! :eek:

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

What can I do if I forgot my password?

The following reset procedure will completely restore the default settings on your D-Link device including your password. This procedure applies to the DI-514, DI-524, DI-604, DI-614+, DI-624, DI-754, DI-764, DI-774, DI-784, DI-804V, DWL-800AP+, DWL-900AP+, DWL-1000AP+, DWL-2000AP, DWL-2100AP, DWL-6000AP, DWL-7000AP, and DWL-7100AP.

Step 1 Locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.

Step 2 With the unit powered on, press and hold the Reset button.

Step 3 Hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.

Step 4 Release the Reset button.

Step 5 The unit will reboot. Allow 20-30 seconds before reconnecting.

Step 6 The device is now at factory defaults.

Note: Do not recycle power during the reset procedure.

The default user name for most D-Link devices is admin and the password is left blank.

3. FullOBlarney

FullOBlarney Private E-2

Admin and password...

Thanks "Tude"!
    Now that I read your reply to my post, you've refreshed my memory. Pfftt!
    I KNEW there was a reset button on the router when I installed it 2 years ago. (Must be the "old timers" settin' in!) ;)

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Its all good! I thought when I read your post that there was a reset, but I looked it up anyhow, rather then guess :) Dont forget to write down your password somewhere this time and flash the router to latest version when your done :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds