Administrator's permission to install

Discussion in 'Software' started by grandpaw7, Dec 10, 2004.

1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Private E-2

I got Sun's CD for its Java. When I sent to install it, I read that I will need the administrator's permission, me being the administrator. I thought then that I should open in Safe Mode so that I could open the administrator's account. But then I read that I can install the CD in Safe Mode. So, I'm wondering how I get the administrator's permission? (I did get the Sun Java installed from an online source, without doing anything to get administrator's permission, but I'd just like to know, for future reference, how I could have installed the program from the Sun CD.) Thanks, grandpaw

2. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Private E-2

Additional info

I should have said that I am using Firefox. I have a Dell Demension 2400 and use XP.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Re: Additional info

if you are logged in with an account that has administrative privileges, then you can just double click on the installation file. Since you said that you are the admin, then there should be no problem. Safe mode is not required.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds