Administravtie tools - services messed up

Discussion in 'Software' started by bshz38, Sep 19, 2009.

1. bshz38

bshz38 Private E-2

hi i just reinstalled my windows xp but my services in are not stared and i don't which 1 to start and not.

is their a piece of software that can sort this all out.

or can someone tell me what what it was like this when i loaded i have to started my network connections every time to get them to load i have no themes so my windows xp looks dated.

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If this is the downloaded copy of XP you have it maybe a really crude hack of the OS and a proper version is needed, BUT if many services are not auto starting then their is no quick fix, you maybe able to start then manually and set their startup type to automatic but you'd also need to know which ones to set as this, this may help http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm

but you maybe looking at re-installing Windows again and preferably with a retail/oem version.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds