Adobe Acrobat 10.1.2

Discussion in 'Software' started by JayINpa, Apr 9, 2012.

1. JayINpa

JayINpa Private E-2

Toshiba Satellite
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Service Pack 2 (build 6002)

Hello,

I am having problems with installing Acrobat Pro x on my Windows Vista based machine.

The software (acro x) installs fine but when i go to use it to create a web-based pdf. it crashes with the following error message...

"Adobe Acrobat has stopped working"....."A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available."

So i decided to install the same program on my WinXP based machine and it works flawlessly. So i know it has something to do with Vista. (which we all know is a POS):-D

Ps...I uninstalled every adobe program on my PC and wiped the registry completely clean of all adobe files and then reinstalled with no sucess.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Jay

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

3. JayINpa

JayINpa Private E-2

I installed the update and now it allows me to open the program. NOW, when i try to convert a web page to PDF i get the following error which seem to be vista or internet explorer related:

-Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Programfiles\adobe\acrobat10.0\acrobat\acrobat.exe

R6025
    -Pure Vital Function Call

Any idea what this is??? I searched all over the place for answers and can't find any. Perhaps you or someone on this forum has an answer? Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

-Jay

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I have searched the Acrobat forums for error r6025 and found dozens of similar problems, but all with earlier Acrobat versions.

Is this a standalone machine, or are you on a network and use some sort of folder redirection to another server? If so, this topic may have a workaround for you http://forums.adobe.com/message/1168503#1168503.

If this, and plodr's post above does not help, you may try to call Adobe Tech Support, although I never heard anything good about that.

6. JayINpa

JayINpa Private E-2

Plodr,

I was thinking the KB2624667 removal sounding promising concerning my situation but unfortunately i do not have that update installed on my computer according to my Belarc Advisor. That update seems to be related to server 2003 and winxp, as i am running Vista.

pwillener,

Yes, this is a standalone machine on a wireless home network. I agree with you about adobes phone support. I've read that they really don't give a shit about costumer service so definitely won't be going that route.

Any other possible suggestions for me? Don't give up on me.:p

7. JayINpa

JayINpa Private E-2

Anyone else have any suggestions?

8. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Sorry, I do not have extensive experience with Acrobat.

My next recommendation would be to try the appropriate Acrobat user forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/acrobat - there are lots of experienced professionals there, who often can give much more help than Adobe Tech Support.

Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds