Adobe Acrobat install issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by CG., Apr 15, 2008.

1. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Does anyone know how to completely Adobe Acrobat 8.1 , I am trying to activate acrobat again as it has a repair issue, so I uninstalled numerous times, cleaned the registry out with, reg seeker, your uninstaller, and perfect uninstaller, like 10 times now, still get the same thing, activation code is not valid, and shows as activation type "repair" still, I will post a pic to show you, I have tried all I can think of any suggestion.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

There are alot of places for adobe to hide things related to the Acrobat Reader, I will give you a couple places to look.

C:\Program Files\Adobe (of course)
    C:\Program Files\Common files (there could be alot of stuff in here look around the A's)
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator or All Users or Default User or Your Name then
    Application Data (each one has an application folder look in all of them)
    C:\Windows\cache

Though to be absolutely sure search your C drive for the word Adobe.

If the reader is the only app by adobe you have, you can delete all you find, but if you have photoshop or other adobe products installed you have to be careful what you delete. Try Googling "windows installer cleanup" or "msicuu2.rar or .exe" this free uninstall helper is supposed to find pieces of a bad uninstall and get rid of them. It only works for apps that were installed with windows installer though.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you called the toll free number and provided the information showing on the screen?

4. CG.

CG. Private E-2

Got it, posted on another site and here is what I did and worked perfectly, thank you to all that posted

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\, find the file name looks like adobe_00080000_XXX.data, delete the data file, then the acrobat will ask you to activate with the normal activation code.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds