Adobe Acrobat PDF problem???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bill E, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Bill E

Bill E Private E-2

I use an accounting program, MYOB that lets me email Invoices directly to customers and I save copies of the emailed invoices in a folder in Outlook Express sent page.

I have discovered today that if I try to read a sent Invoice I get the following message;

This file does not have a Program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options in Control Panel.

This has not always been the case and appears to have happend only in the past 5 - 6 days.

I have Adobe Acrobat 7xx installed on my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction as I can't seem to find the right way to create an association, I'm sure it must be simple but it has me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I'm not a user of MYOB but to restore file associations to a specific application so they open, rigth click one of the saved invoices and choose Open With, then either pick Acrobat from the list or browse to the acrobat location ( genrally Program Files > Acrobat > Reader and click the acrobat.exe ) and highlight and click "always use selected program to open this type of file" click OK

3. Bill E

Bill E Private E-2

Problem solved - I did a reinstall of Adobe Reader 7xx and problem gone.

Thanks to Halo for his interest.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Glad its resolved Bill and welcome to the forums :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds