Adobe CS4 Master Collection Unable to Install in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Eikcuhc, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eikcuhc

Eikcuhc Private E-2

hey guys,

I'm having problems attempting to install CS4 Master Collection on my Windows 7 partition. I am successfully able to install on Windows XP, however I would like it on W7. I have read on other forums about doing the following:

"start regedit
    navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
    rename MachineThrottling to _MachineThrottling"

however, when I look there, I see no MachineThrottling

I also have attempted to run in compatability mode on Vista and XP SP2 but to no avail, it appears the event manager comes up with Event ID 11935 with MSIInstaller.

This is the error I receive:

[​IMG]

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

i am not sure but remember an article stating that windows 7 only comes with windows installer 3.1.have you tried updating the windows installer to 4.5 " http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5969.html " might be worth a try

3. Eikcuhc

Eikcuhc Private E-2

I downloaded this, however I cannot update with this, it either says update is not applicable to this computer or I am not running the correct OS. I can only change the XP and 2003 to compatibility mode but it does not work.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Windows 7 comes with Windows Installer 5.0.7000.0 (version 5.0) so is newer than 4.5 installer. I have installed CS4 Photoshop in Win7 Ultimate x64 version but not the full CS4 suite, but didnt run the autorun installer, I opened the DVD and found and ran setup.exe (also turned off any security applications I had installed which for me was just AVAST.

So try running the setup.exe from the DVD and have your security apps turned off, especially Spybot S&D if you have that installed.

Also you could again with the setup.exe right click it and choose Troubleshoot Compatability as it "may" help.

Try also doing a custom install of CS4 and choose just a few of the main apps, loose the likes of Adobe Drive etc, maybe one of them causing this.

Sadly as Windows 7 is still beta, in some PC setups, due to various software and hardware some applications may not work, do using Feedback file a bug on this, from the Windows 7 desktop.

5. Ephimetheus

Ephimetheus Private E-2

hey guys.
    i was have this problem. when i changed the location i was install succesful. i have 4 harddisk c:, d:, k:, m:, part. i was download first m: and i cant install .when i did copy and past d: part, i did install. eikcuhc copy and paste different harddisk. and install again.

6. Versch

Versch Private E-2

Hi -
    I dont know if you noticed, I had posted the other day, seems to have been removed.
    I had the same issue, and even sent software back, thinking it was faulty. Replacement had same error.
    Solved it by uninstalling every adobe program from my harddrive, rebooting. Adobe has a script that is supposed to clean out, but it didnt work by me.
    After cleaning out Adobe products, programs installed successfully.
    Best of luck,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds