Adobe Digital Editions help

Discussion in 'Software' started by dell1705user, Jan 21, 2008.

1. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I needed an online for a course i'm taking and I had 2 options: view online or download. I opted to download. In order to view the digital version, however, i needed to download Adobe Digital Edition. I did the install and everything was fine. I located the shotrcut to the program in the All Programs menu. Having restarted the computer, however, it's just GONE. I opened up Adobe Reader 8.1 and clicked Digital Editions from under the file menu and it just took me to the adobe site to download and install the software again. Again, I downloaded it. It opened fine and sure enough, there was my digital textbook. The trouble is, when I close the program I can't find it ANYWHERE on the computer. Does it sound right that I have to go back to the Adobe site and download the software each and everytime I want to view this thing? Help please?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I just tried it and restarted, no problems. Does it happen when you just close the program or do you have to restart to lose it?

Steve

3. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

It happens when I close the program.

4. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Interestingly enough, when I download the program it doesn't place an icon on the desktop and show up in the All Programs menu the way it did the first time I downloaded and installed it.

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Did the download prompt you to install Adobe Flash Player ?

Steve

6. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Neither time.

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK. You must have it installed already.

Boy, don't know. Make sure it hasn't gone to another spot in the All Programs list.

Steve

8. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Yeah, I thought I was just looking over it by mistake. Sure enough I wasn't. I even tried hunting it down through the C drive and Adobe folders... Nothing.

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

10. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

Interesting... when I go to that link, the part where you click to download says "Launch Adobe Digital Editions." Before it said "Download and Install." When I clicked it, it immediately launched. This leads me to believe that it IS in fact installed on my computer, but I have no idea where.

11. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I don't have Photoshop.

12. dell1705user

dell1705user Corporal

I also just checked Add/Remove and it IS showing up there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds