Adobe Flash Player giving me fits

Discussion in 'Software' started by jimpeel, May 24, 2007.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

Every time I go to a site that uses AFP it says that I do not have the latest version and directs me to the Adobe site. I go there and dutifully upgrade that which I have "upgraded" many times before and it still does not work.

The only thing that has been successful is to simply uninstall the Flash Player and then use RegScrub to eliminate all vestiges of it and then reinstall until the next time it fails.

What is happening that makes the program not work even though I already have the latest version and why don't the "upgrades" work causing, me to have to jump through hoops?

The same thing happens at Youtube.com, military.com, etc.

Any suggestions?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

usafveteran

Thanks. I did a cut-n-paste of this query to their site and included a bit more info on other loaded software. We'll see what happens.

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Could try uninstalling all instances of it, runing CCleaner, then reinstalling.

5. jimpeel

jimpeel Sergeant

I have to reboot the unit to clear everything out and then it works until it doesn't at which time (start at beginning of sentence and repeat to infinity) ...

I guess I'm stuck with that.

I didn't get much for answers beyond what I had posted there prior.

Thanks for the help.

6. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds