Adobe Flash Player will not work

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nater324, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

I am encountering a problem with Adobe Flash Player where I cannot view any websites that use it and I never had a problem with it before in my CPU's 13 month existence. I am running Vista and I started noticing the problem after I had a service pack update about a week ago. I have uninstalled Flash player and redownloaded it a couple of times and I am getting this error message on my browser window that states:

"Internet Explorer has blocked this site from using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly."

I dont know what to do, anyone have any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have seen this before when Vista's security permissions have been corrupted by an application

One of Adobes Tech Enginneers has this file to reset the permissions http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip so download and unzip to your desktop the two files, they have to be on your desktop so no unzipping to another location.

Then uninstall Flash, REBOOT, inportant to reboot, then run the reset.cmd file and when its finished it will say Press any key to continue, so do so. Then get and install the latest flash player full from here

3. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

Thanks Mark, thanks Halo for your suggestions. Halo I ran the reset.cmd file and pressed the enter key but I noticed that there were messages that read:

SeSecurity: Access is denied
    Warning: Unable to set SeSecurityPrivilege privilege. This privilege may be required. C:\Windows\System32\Macromed - CreateFile Error : 1314 A required privilege is not held by the client.
    Done: 1.Modified 0. Failed 1. Syntax errors 0

Finished

Press any key to continue

I redownloaded flash player but then got the same message in Internet Explorer as mentioned previously.

4. Layzie Bone

Layzie Bone Private E-2

You can also try Reseting Internet Explorer.

To do this: Click on Tools, Internet Options and click on the Adavanced Tab, and click on Reset. Then exit out of Internet Explorer and re-open and try one of the sites you're having problems with...

5. TISJUSME

TISJUSME Private E-2

Did you uninstall first??
    Might work.
    Try uninstalling and re-installing Internet Explorer

OR JUST USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER rolleyes

START>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try right clicking the reset.cmd file and choosing "run as administrator" , likely you will need elevated permissions to run the app fully.

7. Nater324

Nater324 Private E-2

I did the uninstall/reinstall still didnt work, also the run as administrator option...no go. Went to adobe.com's forums and there were a lot of people having the same problem with flash working properly. It turns out there is a debugging issue and here is the link to fix it. Thanks for all your help as I learned a lot from this.

Go to this website
    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
    And download
    Download the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.55 MB)
    It will be help you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds