Adobe Lite 9 for Win All - I don't think so

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yargwel, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

The link on the front page of MG today http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Reader_Lite_d5915.html says it is for all versions of Windows. Trouble is if you try and install it on Windows 98SE, for instance, you'll find you get an error message. This points out your Windows installer isn't of a high enough version and it seems that the version required is only available for XP or above. rolleyes So maybe that "Win All" description isn't quite as accurate as it could be. :cry

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

I agree, that is it wrong. You will find the same for 64-bit OS's. No compatibility for XP x64 and Vista x64 even though the download page says Win all. Official homepages for the products will also do this quite frequently. Some people have to reinstall everything on their PC after such an experience.

3. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If notice an error like this please do email tim @ majorgeeks.com and let him know, helps us all, with the amount of softwares he goes through in a day he may just miss a new version thats now not compatible with older OSes, they can then check with devs that the OS requirements have changed to relect this.

Many thanks :)

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

Well said, Halo. :)

6. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Will do from now on. Thanks for the headsup on that Halo. :)

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Cheers guys, much apprieciated is the help in keeping Majorgeeks upto date.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds