Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 & Windows 7 32Bit...

Discussion in 'Software' started by JubeiTigeruk, Jul 6, 2011.

1. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hello,

I have a current problem with a Laptop I am trying to use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 on.

The laptop

Lenovo
    Intel U4100 @ 1.30GHz
    3GB RAM
    320GB HDD (2X Partitions)
    Windows 7 32Bit

Software

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

I currently have this software installed on the laptop and when I click to run the software I get the following message straight away "Could not start on volume windows is using for virtual memory does not have enough free space"

The HDD has pretty much 90% Free as this laptop is new and with it being new there aren't any Windows faults as nothing has been installed on it really. Also there is hardly anything running in the background so its not like there are lots of things going at once.

Any ideas? Does anyone know if there are some common problems with Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 on Windows 7 32Bit.

Thank you.

JubeiTigeruk

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

virtual memory has nothing to do with hard drive free space. Virtual memory is used to add to the RAM. Since photoshop uses lots of RAM, it probably has to dip into your virtual memory/swap file for more RAM.

To check what you have virtual memory set at, do the following:
    Right Click My Computer, select Properties then Advanced
    Under Performance, click Settings
    Under the Advanced tab, the last entry is Virtual Memory

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds