Adobe Premiere poor AVI quality

Discussion in 'Software' started by ej1245, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ej1245

ej1245 Corporal

Hi, i can't figure out why when I export my avi file after cutting and editing with adobe premiere elements, the resulting avi is poor. I just wanted to export it in the same format as the original (mpeg4) cuz I'm going to convert it to a flash movie. Premiere has no option to do so, just mpeg2, quicktime and WMV. Am I missing a codec? I have XP :confused:

2. Trikster

Trikster Private E-2

I have yet to be able to work with mpg4 avi files (Xvid, DiVX) within Adobe Premier Pro (1, 1.5 and 2) which Elements share many of the same functionality. If you can convert your avi's to another format first (or try to uncompress it first) and then make your cuts, then you should be good to go.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds