Adobe problem in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by guymaine, Jan 20, 2010.

1. guymaine

guymaine Private E-2

I'm one of the ones who paid big bucks for Adobe. Why doesn't it open my docs instead of Adobe Reader? Trying to download my bank statement -- message received "Cannot use Adobe Reader to view PDF in your web browser. Reader will now exit." Started after installing WIN 7. Sometimes it will go ahead and open a doc so that I can print it, but not my bank statements. Can you help me?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Re: I am so done with Adobe!!!

Can you save this bank statement, then open Adobe Reader (outside of your browser), and then open the document?

Why do you want Acrobat to open when you just want to view a PDF document? Adobe Reader is ... umm ... a PDF reader. Acrobat is a tool to create and/or edit PDF documents. If you want to view/read a PDF, then Adobe Reader is the program to use.

Most people only need a PDF reader; they do not need PDF creation software because they don't create PDF documents, they only read them. Why did you buy Adobe Acrobat? In a previous post, you said "I think Acrobat Pro is available on all university computers", so why did you buy it? And, even if you do really need it, can't you buy it at discount at a student?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What version of Adobe Acrobat Pro are you using?

Did you do an upgrade to Windows 7 from another version of Windows and if so what version was it? or was it a clean install?

Have you tried to re-install Adobe Acrobat Pro again in Windows 7 as it looks to me like the IE plugin is missing and may need a re-install of Acrobat to cure this, or read this to see if it fits your versions of Acrobat HERE

4. guymaine

guymaine Private E-2

No, cannot save bank statement.
    Running Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.
    Thought I may be able to use AAPro because Adobe Reader 9.3 won't read documents. Bought it because we use it. I never said it was available on all university computers; that was another correspondent.
    I upgraded from Vista to Win7. And yes, I reinstalled AAPro. Think I've answered all of the questions. Now can anyone help me?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try this here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405461.html as more updated that the previous KB I linked too.

also in case of a conflict uninstall Adobe Reader and reboot and try again to save/open your bank statements.

6. guymaine

guymaine Private E-2

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Will send you a post with results.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds