Adobe PS2 failed to start. Missing MSVCRT10.dll

Discussion in 'Software' started by xenomorph1138, Mar 31, 2009.

1. xenomorph1138

xenomorph1138 Private E-2

Could someone recomend a site where I could d/l dll files (free). The ones I found by googling aren't giving me a good feeling. I'ld feel much more comfortable if someone from MG would recomend a site. I would surely appreciate it. Thx in advance.

Xeno

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

3. xenomorph1138

xenomorph1138 Private E-2

Thx for responding becuase it confirms my suspician that the filter folder I added to the plugin folder might be the problem so I removed it and PS started. Thx so much for your help. What threw me off was that when looking into the MSVCRT10.dll file was that it wasn't installed by PS. Anyway thx again.

4. mafiasam

mafiasam Private E-2

This problem is easily fixed by locating the Ffactory directory under the Plug-Ins directory.

If you read the Filter Factory Read Me.html file you will find the installation exception for this exact file.

If you installed the entire directory when you added this plug-in the msvcrt10.dll file should be sitting right there in front of you. If you did not you can locate it on your installation disc. At any rate copying the file and placing it in the main Adobe Photoshop CS2 directory with the photoshop executable immediately solves the problem.

good luck people.
    salvatore

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds