Adobe Update I Already Have

Discussion in 'Software' started by buddyrhonda, Feb 27, 2014.

1. buddyrhonda

buddyrhonda Private E-2

Lately some websites have been saying 'you need adobe flash player 12'. It's websites like Nascar, and Puzzle websites and a few others. I already have Adobe Flash Player 12 in my list of programs. Sometimes these websites don't say that and work fine, but then the next time the picture doesn't show on the screen and tells the 'need to update' comment again. How can I get it to stop giving those messages and show photo/ tv screen since I already have it installed ?rolleyes

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using and what browser?

If you have Windows 8 or 8.1 and use IE then Flash is built into the browser now, so run Windows update and check for updates (was one on 22/02/2014 for IE and Flash)

If not Windows 8 then run the below to clean and start afresh

Then test websites again, also make sure you don't have any toolbars that block adverts installed.

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

The first thing I try when having Flash problems is to use the latest Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller, reboot and then do a clean install.

OOPS.
    Sorry for the cross post, David.

4. buddyrhonda

buddyrhonda Private E-2

When download Adobe ,it's starts downloading then a sign comes up that says 'The user does not have sufficient privileges to install Adobe Flash Player'. What do I do about that?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi what windows version do you have (2nd time)?

If asking for privileges are you the admin of the pc or is this pc on a company network?

6. buddyrhonda

buddyrhonda Private E-2

I'm the administrator (only one who's ever used it). It's Internet Explorer Version 10......Windows 7 Home Premium.

7. theefool

theefool Geekified

8. buddyrhonda

buddyrhonda Private E-2

9. theefool

theefool Geekified

Hey, no problem, glad I could help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds