Advantages of XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yoda, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Yoda

Yoda Private E-2

Ok I have decided to upgrade to XP from ME. What are the major advantages that I will see from this? I have used XP before nad love the interface so I already am sold there. But what other features will I see that will make this a good choice? My main uses of the computer are internet and the occasional game, and watching movies.

System Stats
    AMD 1.4ghz
    512 megRAM
    100gig HD(two HD's a 60 and 40)
    ATI Radeon graphics card
    SoundBlaster Live

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

One of the better things is the more secure file system, NTFS. Another is stability. A lot of this is handled by a program not crashing to a blue screen, but rather giving you a warning. You can also close frozen programs by using the process manager, then restarting the application. This almost completely eliminates having to reboot on a crashed program. ME is sort of a mix match of NT and 98, so Ithink you will be very impressed.

Let us know how it goes!

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Hi,

You will also get a firerwall with xpsp2

5. Yoda

Yoda Private E-2

Well I have gone with Windows 2k, is XP better or should I stay with 2k??

6. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Depends what is your system specs ie processor speed, amount of ram, hd and such?

7. Yoda

Yoda Private E-2

specs are in first post as well as sig. Thing is I have both so I can install XP easily. I just want the computer to run as smoothly as possible.

8. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Sorry i missed that post, I would go ahead and install xp.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds