advent 7109b sound ishues

Discussion in 'Software' started by docter3, Dec 6, 2008.

1. docter3

docter3 Private E-2

hi i have looked thro the site and i have a problem that i am yet to find an ancer for and that is i have an advent 7109b with windows vista home pre, since i changed the hard drive on the laptop there has been no sound, i have flashed the bios to the l8est vershion and i have updated all the drivers, i reloaded win xp to c if it was a ms problem but no hope i have cheacked for new hardware but it can not find my sound card, i have no reloaded win vista becouse its what work payed for me to have ( other wise i wouldent use it lol ) but still no luck, the lap top is outa warranty as i have done most of the work to it me self, before the problem began i was having a crackling sound thro my speackers but that was sorted when i updated to vista can any 1 tell me if i missed something out and what it is so that i can fix it or should i give up hope and get a new 1 if any 1 can help it would be apreacheated

many thanks in advance

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

The Advent 7109b is actually made by Uniwill Computers (which is made by ECS/EliteGroup), and has a 'true' model number of L51II. You can get drivers for both XP and Vista at this link. Uninstall your current sound driver and restart the PC. Then install the chipset drivers from the link I provided and restart the PC again. Then install the sound drivers from the link I provided, then restart the PC yet again. Hopefully, that will get the sound working for you!
    Good luck!
    :-D
    [dlb]

3. docter3

docter3 Private E-2

hay thanks for the link unfortunlty i have all these drivers from a link on a nother post on here i have tryed this prosses b4 i am now lead to beleave that it could be the hardware, tho is there any way to test to c if this is the problem ?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Try installing KB888111 if you're running WinXP SP2. You can download it from this direct link. It is the HD audio update from Microsoft. I just did some reasearch, and it appears that your PC uses the Realtek HD audio driver. After installing KB888111, download and install this driver for WinXP.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds