Advent 8315

Discussion in 'Software' started by geeky256, Sep 19, 2010.

1. geeky256

geeky256 Private E-2

I have just finished fixing a Advent 8315 (nasty thing ) and loaded the recovery Vista partition .The only problem now is that i cannot get a wireless connection ,The adaptor seems to be working ok and drivers seem to working ,but it cannot find any networks ,even though my other laptop sitting next to it is happily working on wireless .I have tried disabling and enabling, using the Function and F2 Key , but that doesnt seem to work .There isnt a hidden switch on these laptops that i cannot see is there

regards,

Peter

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Some of these have Fn+F9 or Fn+F11 as the Wifi on/off so try those, also if a software firewall was reloaded with the restore, then disable it and test Wireless to see if it can find a network.

Did a Wireless manager app get installed also, sometimes the OEM installs its own over Windows built in one, so look in the System Tray for another Wireless icon as well as the Windows one and then uninstall the 3rd party one and run with Windows Wireless Manager.

Can check in Services that Wireless Zero Configuration is Started and Set to Automatic, do check the dependencies tab also and make sure any service listed as a Dependancy is Started and Automatic too, reboot and check again.

Just as I normally ask this What Vista version and Service Pack is installed and are there any yellow ! marks in Device Manager by any devices, if so what?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds