Advent sound drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Djeni, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Djeni

Djeni Private E-2

Hi,

I have an Advent 7109 that requires sound drivers (no audio devices detected after i reformatted) for windows xp pro with sp2.

Does anybody know where i can find them?

Thanks

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

The Advent 7109 laptop is actually 'rebadged' system made by ECS and uses the RealTek HD audio driver. So, first you have to install your chipset driver, available from ECS at this direct link. Restart the PC, then install the Microsoft HD Audio Update KB888111 which you can download from this direct link. When that's installed, install the sound driver, you can download it from this link.
    That should do it!
    :-D

3. Djeni

Djeni Private E-2

Thanks but I still can't get the sound to work. The Microsoft driver didn't work because it says i have a later version installed and i don't need it, do you think that has anything to do it?

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have a look through your installed updates for KB888111, but if not manually installed it only came with SP3.

What if any yellow ! marks do you have in device manager?

5. Djeni

Djeni Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds