Advice on External Hard Drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mattwilkinson15, Feb 15, 2006.

1. mattwilkinson15

mattwilkinson15 Private E-2

I was looking at buying a Seagate 250 Gig Push Button backup External Hard Drive 16MB 7200 RPM for my new IBM laptop Z60m...I basically want to store music, vidoes, pictures, etc and be able to access them withtout having them bog down my internal laptop hard drive. Any thoughts about this particular hard drive? Good? Bad? or should I go with Maxtor or Western Digital. I've heard great things about each of these top 3 brands, but don't know which one to pick???
    Any help would be GREATLY and QUICKLY appreciated!! THANKS!!!:confused

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Seagate is in my opinion the best harddrive made. It would be a good choice. You said you don't want the music and pics and such to bog down your harddrive. These are things that are simply stored on your HD. They wouldn't bog it down as long as you keep it defraged. They would only fill it up.

Also Seagate has a 5 yr warrantee. Maxtor and WD I think are only 3 year.

3. mattwilkinson15

mattwilkinson15 Private E-2

Thanks so much for your response and help. That helps me with my decision!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds