adware quantine? & cleaning up/protecting computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by horsesrme, May 3, 2006.

1. horsesrme

horsesrme Private E-2

I just ran a adware personel SE scan and was wondering, is it safe to delete the quantined items? I started to but when it asked if 'I wanted to delete the items, got me thinking, do I? I mean it deems them unsafe and quantined them, so why not, but still unsure. Also I noticed on your list of downloads there were a few pertaining to cleaning up your system of unused programs etc. I have noticed quite a few programs on my computer that show rarely used, but not sure what they are, or if I should remove them. Would this or these, downloads do that for you? I have SpyBot Search and Destroy, AD Adware Personal SE and Norton Anitvirus, is there anything else I need to protect the computer that I don't have? Thanks again.

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

Hi!
    You didn't mention a Firewall....got one?
    If you're using XP's built in Firewall you should look into a software Firewall like Zone Alarm...or another, and disable Windows Firewall. It's minimal protection.

If you use Internet Explorer you might want to use Spyware Blaster. It's good extra protection.

Don't believe everything Windows tells you. Programs I use constantly show up in Add/Remove Programs as used 'Rarely'. Programs I haven't used in weeks show up used 'Occasionally'. Google the programs you don't recognize...make sure you don't need or want them before removing them.

Get CCleaner to 'clean up' your web tracks,temp files and other uneeded 'junk' on your computer.
    Surf Safe and Have Fun!
    :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds