After reformating my computer, I cannot hear any sounds

Discussion in 'Software' started by I_am_legend, Feb 14, 2009.

1. I_am_legend

I_am_legend Private E-2

For some reason after reformatting and reinstalling Windows XP Home, the computer have the basic sound devices installed. My computer monitor has a built in speaker. Help?

2. I_am_legend

I_am_legend Private E-2

I mean did not have the sound device

3. voodoo3rd

voodoo3rd Corporal

you probably need to install a driver for it, when you go into device manager do you see an exclamation mark next to one of your multimedia devices?

4. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

While the above advice was correct, it would be helpful to know what brand and model number computer that we are dealing with. Was there a driver CD with it when purchased? :):)

5. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

everest report

Like Novice said use your driver cd, if you don't have one run the everest report and post the log so we can see exactly what you have connected to your mobo and then someone here can assist you with your drivers

6. I_am_legend

I_am_legend Private E-2

Thanks, I got it working now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds