After removing antivirus .net my Intuit Sitebuilder will not open

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mariposasilver, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Mariposasilver

Mariposasilver Private E-2

Hoping you can help. Chaslang recommend that I bring this question here. I removed antivirus .net from my computer. (I can put links to show you what I used that the bottom, some from here) Now my IntuitSitebuilder will not open. The Sitebuilder program is still there. I just cannot get the shortcut to launch or the program to launch from the program file.

I have been working on this website for two months and I am about two days away from publishing it.

Later, I found instructions from Intuit about how to save the work you had already done and then download a clean version of Sitebuilder. (.pdf attached) I followed the instructions to a T and the program still will not open. I then downloaded the .zip file and tried to do it from there. Below is a log, I think, that was in the extracted zip file after it wouldn't open. It is title Package PL file.

Long story short, I was not really sure what I was doing when I was trying to get rid of anitvirus. net so I panicked, threw like everything I could find at it and totally jacked my huge project in the process. :-o

Thank you, Laurie

P.S. Here is what I used. (Roughly) http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-.net

Here is the original post that contains my uploads http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1587208#post1587208

I used a series of suggestions from a thread from here that I believe originated from my bleeping computer. Roadkill and then a several more steps and then Malwarebytes. Something off Microsoft, Spyblaster and something else I can't remember but can probably figure out. Again, :-o

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I still would follow Chas's instruction as to the Malware Removal as never know that Malware could be your culprit, so continue with that thread in Malware you have.

But what I would try is to boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) and then try your application, does it work?

What I would try is to install Java Runtime HERE and then try the Sitebuilder again after a reboot. Also if your using Windows XP then install this HERE

3. Mariposasilver

Mariposasilver Private E-2

Your suggestions worked perfectly!!

This worked like a charm and I am back in business and everything is right where I left it so I can finish my site!! Cannot thank you enough :) Awesome!!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Superb and happy your now back to finishing your website off, cheers for the feedback and update that the advice worked.

You are very welcome and glad that Majorgeeks was able to help you :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds