After restart headset sound messed up.

Discussion in 'Software' started by coloradooo3, Jun 1, 2011.

1. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

W7 x64 SP1.

Not sure if its hardware problem or software or drivers, but anyway.

Was running a maintenance on my V-Card, unplugged everything from the pc. After i was done, i plug everything back in, turn my PC on, and hope to check out YouTube, but all i hear is some screeching when i watch videos.

I downloaded and installed latest Realtek HD drivers, and after that situation improved a bit, but still unbearable. Now i hear sounds but shifted and corrupt. Even on max sound, voices can barely be heard, but other sounds sound even louder. I.E. Machinima logo screen sounds loud and shifted, but voices are barely hearable.

It all happened in a matter of minutes. I unplugged, and then plugged back in. Done that a thousand times, but now this crap happened.

Any suggestions?

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

what "maintenance" did you do? Did you try rolling back the system to before it happened?

3. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

Maintenance - cleaning the dust. Nope, no rollbacks. My speakers work fine, but headset is all efed up.

4. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Is there are seperate volume control for the headset? Maybe you tweaked it? Also, try rolling back the system to earlier today

5. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

I couldn't have tweaked it, cause PC was down for 10 min, till the dust was cleaned, and then shit happened. Is it even possible to tweak something with the PC down?

Shutdown + Turn ON + ??? = Crap.

6. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

I rolled back 2 days, but the problem remains. If i plug speakers into same plug, it works fine, if i plug in headset - problem.

7. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

Hmmm. The only thing I can think of is that you've got the headphones in a powered jack (the speaker jack) and they should be plugged into the headphone jack.

8. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

This might be, but it was working perfectly fine before. Also, its the only jack that will make any sound at all. Front jacks don't work for some strange reason...

What could have triggered it to stutter, if it was alright for a year or so?

9. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

I'm stumped. Someone else is going to have to come along and offer advice.

10. coloradooo3

coloradooo3 Private E-2

Haha, you are stumped, and i'm struck by a dumb luck.

I did the most illogical thing you could think off.

I took the plug, plugged it in to the court, and started shifting and spining it, pulling back and forth, and found the perfect angle, where sound is alright.

Solution? No. But a time saver :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds