After Sys Wake Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by BeerMonkey, Aug 6, 2014.

1. BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey Master Sergeant

Alright so i dont think im going crazy, and this is something which isin't easy to explain, but basically when i wake my computer up i cant click on my desktop but i can on my task bar or vice versa...

I've found a way to get around it, which is just to ctrl - alt delete and Select Task Manager since im running Windows 8, but this is not always convenient.

FYI: Yes ive tried to Google it. Let me know if yall need any other info.

Thanks,

Val

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

OK, just a couple of questions about this scenario.

• Do you mean that you can click on the taskbar and desktop but they are unresponsive to the clicks, or does your mouse disappear when over one or the other, or something else?
    • Does this happen after you wake the computer from sleep or hibernate or both?
    • Does this happen after you boot, or does your computer first have to sleep/hibernate?
    • Does the strange behavior stop after you summon the Task Manager?
    • Does the strange behavior occur in Safe Mode?
    • Have you recently installed any new software or changed system configuration?
    • Have you scanned your system with any antivirus/antimalware software since this behavior started?

Thanks

3. BeerMonkey

Thanks for the reply. After upgrading to Windows 8.1 this issue has been fixed.

4. rustysavage

Respect my AUTORITAAAY and answer the questions :major
    Just kidding.

5. BeerMonkey

Ok....so it happened again when i plugged in my VGA cable from my TV and woke my Laptop. Guess i gotta answer the questions.:confused

-I can click but it wont respond and the cursor will not disappear.
    For example if i have a window open when i wake from Hibernate, and i try to close it, i cant because my mouse pointer wont do anything except for move.

-It happened on both with Win8, but now since Win8.1 only has the Hibernate option. its only happening on that.

-If i restart it works just fine. Its only when i wake it.

-When i hit CTRL ALT DEL and click on the Task Manager, it fixes the issue but i haven't really tried anything else.

-Haven't gone into Safe Mode but i will try.

-I've installed new Software and i can only remember doing a CrapCleaner Registry scan before this happened.

-Scanned with SpyBot and also AVG and fixed all problems that occurred.
    One file that caught my attention within the 2 scans was something do to with "Clicker". I cant remember the specific name.

Thanks,

Val

6. rustysavage

One thing you can do is make sure your display adapter drivers are up to date. Either check the manufacturer's website for updated software or use one of the many programs aimed at updating drivers on your system. They check your current drivers against a database of manufacturer's updated drivers and advise you of any out of date drivers on your system. Here are a few available on this site:

Slim Drivers
    DUMo
    Driver Booster

Here's what I found about the Clicker malware:
    It doesn't sound like this malware has anything to do with the problem you describe.

Would still like to know if the problem occurs in Safe Mode.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds