Age of Empires II The Conquerors problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by bahmtf, Dec 10, 2009.

1. bahmtf

bahmtf Private E-2

Ok I used to play aoe 2 expansion a lot on LAN. me and my buddies decided to whip the game out and have another lan session with it. So with 8 guys there, it only worked for 5. I realized that the 3 it didnt work for, including me, were using xp pro. The game opened and we could play, but if we clicked on any of the menus in game then the game would crash. So i set out to find the problem. I knew it had to be from the windows update. I finally found that it was .NET Framework 2.0 that makes it crash. It could possibly even be the 3.0 and 3.5 i still have to test that. But my problem is that my catalyst control center needs .NET Framework 2.0 in order to run. I really want this game back and running so i have come to you guys for some help :).

2. bahmtf

bahmtf Private E-2

ok i was wrong about the .net framework 2.0. When i installed my updated video driver in automatically installed .net framework 2.0 and i came to the conclusion that it was that. but i have now discovered that it is not the .net framework. I beleive it is the video driver. Is there a way that i can use my video driver but turn it off and use the basic one when i play aoe?

3. Migs

Migs Private E-2

great game. don't all the players need to be running the same version/patch? ive never had any problems with this game at all so that's all i can offer im afraid lol >.<

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds