ahh another headache...

Discussion in 'Software' started by kingclyd69, Jan 3, 2005.

1. kingclyd69

kingclyd69 Private E-2

alright well i was on about two hours of sleep, got bored, started palyign around with my logonui.exe for a new welcome screen.. was using Logon Loader, was workign great till i tried this one welcome screen... my user name "chris" doesnt show up on it. but 'everyone else' the other user account, does. the problem is i cant sign into chris to change it back, and i cant edit the registry or use the program in 'everyone else' becasue it is not the administrator. please any help would be greatly appreciated.. i think if i can eve just gain access to editing that registrry or deleting the logon file that it will work but cant get aroudn the access is denied.. i do have another hard drive that i installed win XP on (wat im on now) to try and get to the files but still access is denied.. if u need any other info let me know. thanks..

2. tagged

tagged Private E-2

Hey kingclyd69,

I'm sure somebody that knows how to fix this will get to you pretty soon, but have you tried logging on in safe mode, right clicking on the exe file, clicking properties, going to owner, and changing it to Chris as the owner instead of administrater or all others?
    Might not work, but I had to do that to uninstall 'the big fix' off my computer!

Good luck!

3. kingclyd69

kingclyd69 Private E-2

Tagged -

thanks for the respond.well after i posted that i also thought hey maybe i can do it in safe mode. trying to do this, just opened up another can of worms.. when i tried to boot into safe mode, it gets to agp440.sys and hangs. :rolleyes:

i am going to sit and try again tonight when im not so busy, so i will check back here before i do for any other tips.

thanks ahead of time
    chris

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds