AHHHH stupid vista and its buggy power options

Discussion in 'Software' started by spcartmanland, May 21, 2007.

1. spcartmanland

spcartmanland Private E-2

is there anyway to just completely disable all the power options? NO matter what i do it always sets my monitor to shut off at 20 min even if i pick 5 hrs or anything then once monitor shuts off it doesnt come back on unless i shut off and on the computer

Im currently dual booting vista and xp and NEVER have this problem with xp so i know its something with vista's stupid power options

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Go back into power options, click on the radio button of your choice and the click on the plan setting just below the radio button and change the display time to what you want. You were almost there. :) It's similar to XP in the menus but not the same as you've found out. You'll get used to it.

3. spcartmanland

spcartmanland Private E-2

no i know where its at im saying it changes back by its damn self all the time is there a service i can disable or something so the power options are completely disabled?

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Apologies, that's what I get for skimming a post.:eek: Just a guess, an ACPI setting in BIOS? Create a custom plan?

EDIT: Check out the advanced settings, there's a spot for the display time. It might work

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds