AJAX not supported...???

Discussion in 'Software' started by golubovicd, Feb 3, 2009.

1. golubovicd

golubovicd Private E-2

[/B]"AJAX not supported"... what is AJAX? I have IE7 and when I goto FOXSPORTS.COM a window pops up and advises that AJAX is not supported...has anybody else had the same problem...how did IE7 get un-supported? How do you fix the crazy thing...and stop that window from popping up...Thank you ahead of time for trying to get to the bottom of this issue...:mad:mad:mad

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Go START>Control Panel>Add and Remove Programs.

What version of Java is listed ?

Also check this in your browser:

1. Select 'Tools' from the top menu
    2. Choose 'Internet Options'
    3. Click on the 'Security' tab
    4. Click on 'Custom Level'
    5. Scroll down until you see section labled 'Scripting'
    6. Under 'Active Scripting', select 'Enable' and click OK
    Keep us posted on any progress.

3. golubovicd

golubovicd Private E-2

Thanks I checked what you suggested and the scripting was already enabled...and the JAVA listed is Java 6 update 11...and that bugger window keeps popping up... :(

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Scylla - Offering a different browser really doesn't solve the user's issue. Foxsports.com works fine in IE7 for me.

Golub - try this:

In IE& go Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab:

Check that the Java Sun box is checked. If it isn't, check, then restart IE7.

Also:

• Click on ‘Tools’
    • Select ‘Internet Options…’
    • Select ‘Security’ tab.
    • Select Internet in Web content zone.
    • Then, click on ‘Custom Level…’
    • Go through all the ActiveX settings there and do the following:
    -Binary and Script behaviors - set to enable
    -Download signed ActiveX controls - set to Prompt
    -Run ActiveX controls - set to enable
    -Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting - set to enable

Leave all other ActiveX options as disabled.

5. golubovicd

golubovicd Private E-2

Thanks Lev, I'll check & see... checked on all of those settings, and they have been already set as you requested... still get the #&@*#^ window... gota love computers when thing go crazy... :) NOT

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

7. golubovicd

golubovicd Private E-2

What is strange is this machine did accept AJAX once when IE7 was installed, but over time something must have happened software wise that resulted in IE7 not to recognize AJAX anymore... this happen once before and the techs at DELL in the Phillipines un-installed IE7, but then had a real problem to re-install it; it took them about a week of reasearch to finally get the thing back in... I don't want to go throught that again...sooo this is where I am now with "AJAX not supported" what a pain...:banghead

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

What is the spec of the machine you are using?

9. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds