Alarm clock program suggestions

Discussion in 'Software' started by o2bageek, May 23, 2005.

1. o2bageek

o2bageek Private E-2

I'm looking for an alarm clock program for my laptop that will allow me to play anything on the laptop as an alarm.

I did download one program as freeware, and found that it was basically a front for spyware.

Anyone know of a good program that is not going to screw up my laptop

Thanks

2. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Collge alarm Clock, google it, first result, simple effective, optional music wakeup, works for me been using it for 2 years

3. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Try using the MS Task scheduler as the alarm clock. Use MPLAYER2.EXE (older version of media player) as the program and use "/start /close" so the sound file will be played and media player closed afterwards. Here's an example of the run line (you need the double quotes if the path of MPLAYER2.EXE has a space; note no double quotes for the path of the sound file) ...

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe" /play /close C:\Documents and Settings\username\\My Documents\My Media\OFF2RACE.WAV

Got this tip years ago from Lockergnome. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds