Album and single covers in iTunes/iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Software' started by Toph, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Toph

Toph Private E-2

In iTunes/iPod Touch, I'm trying to put individual cover artwork for songs in my library that are singles. This only works if the track is NOT the first track on the album. For some reason if the first track happens to be a single and I put that single's artwork on there then that will become the entire album's cover in my library and will also become the artwork for the rest of the songs on the album that aren't singles with separate artwork. Can someone help me out? If the first track on the album is a single, how do I upload that single's artwork without it becoming the album's artwork? Thanks!

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Go to http://images.google.com/advanced_image_search?hl=en

Type in Bridge over troubled water, in related to the exact phrase, as an example.

Plenty of images to choose from, BUT I also need to know how to convert an image found here to appear against my track on my iPOD classic.

This is only an example. Bazza

3. bigbazza

Found this Shareware ($$$) program.

Automatically download album artwork for iTunes and iPod. Image Analysis to prioritize images selection for near 100% accuracy. Automatic Mode searches and adds art without user interaction. Simple to use, fast image searches and transfers.

Link is http://3d2f.com/programs/40-183-iautoartwork-download.shtml Scroll down the page to find the program.

Automatically download album artwork for iTunes and iPod. Image Analysis to prioritize images selection for near 100% accuracy. Automatic Mode searches and adds art without user interaction. View all tracks at once, or view by album. Unlike most Art downloader software, this one was written with ease of use in mind.

Demo includes unlimited art searches and 50 album artwork transfers. Full version has no limitations. Requires .Net Framework 1.1

Just found it, haven't tried it. Looking for a FREE one, if possible. :-D

Bazza

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  4. bigbazza

Found this bit of useful info at http://mediawebsource.com/add-artwork-to-itunes-ipod.htm

and

Looks like once you have the image, then this is the easy way to add it to your ITunes /iPod tracks.

Bazza

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  5. Toph

Toph Private E-2

Thank you for your help, but it's not exactly pertaining to my issue. I have no problem finding or adding the album art to iTunes and subsequently my iPod - the problem is that whenever I add the artwork to a single if the single happens to be the first or only track of the album, then iTunes uses the art of the single as the album cover and I don't want that. What I want is to be able to add all the covers for the singles and yet have it retain the album cover. The album cover would be used not just for the album, but as the cover for all the other songs on the album that aren't singles. I hope I'm being thorough in my explanation.

Perhaps I should give an example:

Album
    -Track 1 (single)
    -Track 2 (single)
    -Track 3
    -Track 4

The album and tracks 3 and 4 should have the same cover while tracks 1 and 2 would have the covers created for those songs because they're singles. But the problem is that when I add the artwork for Track 1, which is different than what the album cover is, iTunes uses that artwork for the album cover and every other song on there that doesn't have its own artwork. Track 2, however, would keep its cover. I'm unsure as to why this happens but I'm trying to figure out how to bypass it. I want to be able to do it without having to change the order of the songs.

It doesn't even really have to do with it being a single, as was stated before in your previous post, Bazza, you have the option to upload whichever picture you want as the artwork for customization. I'm just using the fact that it's a single as an example and because it's the most likely reason to change the cover.

I'm sorry for any confusion before and I hope this clears it up. Thanks for your time, Bazza!

6. bigbazza

Sorry, Toph. I am only a beginner with solving iPod queries.

You might check out http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=178200 , and Halo's reply.

Hope this helps, Bazza

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI I know where your coming from and I tried a few things earlier to try and get around this, sadly even changing the actual MP3s artwork while it would show up in a folder of same album but different thumbnails for the singles from same said album, iTunes dissregarded this and chose 1st tracks image for all album.

Dont even think changing the singles mp3 tag code to that of the actual single would be what your after as it will end up split from the album as the tag would be recognised as a single.

Dont know if Songbird which is an open source iTunes clone would be worth trying this with, will have a go tomorrow with this app myself, even though it doesnt yet work with my iTouch or iPhone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds