Alice Madness Returns - so close to great

Discussion in 'Software' started by DOA, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I really enjoyed the original McGee's Alice. It was a bit tough even on easy and got confusing but all in all was really fun.
    The sequel is even better in many ways, but it is very much a console port. The controls are clunky and sometimes just don't work at all. Like the umbrella to block or even the camera movement. But that is not that bad.

What IS that bad is autosave, or rather the lack of a manual save. There is no save except when the game does it. Failed jumps have little penalty, but failed combat usually puts you at the start of the level.
    Sorry EA, every time I am asked I will be steering people away from Alice Madness Returns. The cut scenes dump you in close combat with little warning. You die many times and have to do the run/jump/sidescroll crap over and over until you get the combat down. All they had to do was add a manual save so we can restart combat without running the whole level, but they did not.

I am sure there are better gamers out there that will not consider this a problem. In my family 6 tried, 1 finished and all wanted a manual save.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds