all in one tools

Discussion in 'Software' started by jebadia_64, May 27, 2009.

1. jebadia_64

jebadia_64 Private First Class

I am wondering if some of the all in one tools or if there is some other software that would help me analyze and solve an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL issue I have been having?

Thanks for any help.
    Jeb

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Sadly not on tools, but what was full message code as at end of these stop errors there is normally a code like (0x0000000a) or similar as those tend to help pinpoint the area of cause.

Likely is a faulty/wrong driver trying to access a memory area it doesnt have access to, so some info maybe needed.

• What Windows version and service pack?
    • What PC make and model?
    • Have you installed any new software or drivers before this started to happen? if so what?
    • Does this happen all the time or random, or can you recreate this error by opening a specific application or doing a teask if so what?
    • If you boot into Safe Mode (F8 at boot) does it still happen?

3. jebadia_64

***STOP: 0X0000000A (0xFF1701F0, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0x804D9B64)

I am just out the door so I will have to get bback to this this evening.

Thanks,
    Jeb

4. jebadia_64

Driver tools

I have yet another ? about my IRQL error. Are there driver tools that will help to figure out which driver may be the culprit as I keep hearing that there may be a bad driver causing the error. The error has only occurred once when I was actually trying to run the computer in the downtown area of the cities. It is the only time it has happened. I was running off the battery but have done that on several occasions and have kind of ruled that out as the problem. I believe that the computer was trying to connect to the internet somewhere and that this was causing the problem. I typically run off my Tmobile connection manager and have never had a problem with it. The same day the issue happened I also uninstalled spybot s&d but I am having a hard time believing this was the issue. I bought the computer knowing it had the issue and spybot s&d was not installed except by me.

Thanks for any help,
    Jeb

5. DavidGP

Hi

Merged your 2nd question with the original one from yesterday on this and please do answer the rest of my questions?

If the issue only hapened once it may just have been a quirk, random issue and may never be seen again, but as you mention you bought the PC with knowing it had this issue, how often did the previous owner have this IRQL error?

But in the main check the makers support site for updated drivers for this model PC and also if you believe it was when connecting to a WiFi point then check T-mobile for any updates to their manager application

6. jebadia_64

Hello Halo,

I don't think it was the tmobile card but the internal wireless connection that automaticaly tried to connect to some random wifi network.

The previous owner had explained to me that it might happen 5,10,20mins a couple of hours of use or maybe not at all when she used it. She claimed that all she used the computer for was watching video. I think she wiped it cle
    an and did a fresh install to resolve the problem and that didn't get the fix done and then purchased a new computer. I have tried getting in touch with her several times since the purchase to get some more info but she is being rather unresponsive.

I live in the country and use the tmobile aircard and not the internal internet connection and believe that is why I am having know problems. AS I recall when I had the issue there were several connections available but I don't recall if I tried to connect to them. I will go to the Dell web site and see if there are driver updates for this machine.

Thanks Jeb

7. DavidGP

Hi Jeb

Just a thought as you dont use the internal wifi connection of this laptop but your t-mobile card, is to in device manager disable the laptops internal wifi adapter, thought I having is that with two wifi hardware adapters the internal one that maybe faulty is causing a conflict of some sort.

Worth a try.

8. jebadia_64

I got a couple of driver updates this morning and am now in the city and no issue. Time will only tell.

Thanks for the support and I will keep you posted.

cheers,
    Jeb

9. DavidGP

Hey Jeb

Great stuff and do let us know if this re-occurs.

David

10. jebadia_64

All righty,

I have had the IRQL error again at a coffee shop. I had to disconnect all power to shut down the computer and let it sit for a few minutes. Once I re-powered up again I went into internet connections and shut down the internal internet connection and went with strictly my tmobile connectgon manager and didn't seen to have the issue again. I was running just the cellular at this point and not tied to the wifi provided by the coffee shop. I can connect through the connection manager to wifi and wifi hotspots without using the internal connection. I will try to update my internal connection driver?

Thanks,
    Jeb

11. DavidGP

Hi Jeb

Whats the model of Dell you have?
    Which Windows version and Service Pack are you using? (there maybe an update for this issue if its the Windows connection manager being used)

Also the connection manager thats not the t-mibile one is it the inbuilt Windows one or one installed by Dell, in your system tray the WiFi connection manager should be one of the icons.

12. jebadia_64

Halo,

I have the dell inspiron 8600. Windows XP Service pac 3 home edition 2002

13. jebadia_64

I use firefox for a browser.

14. DavidGP

Check to see if in your Start Menu you have a Dell Wireless Utility (also could be in your system tray as an icon) if their enter its menus and disable, and let the Windows built in one control any WiFi connections.

What is the model or type of T-Mobile connection hardware you have? just wish to background check if any issues between Dell, Windows or T-Mobile exist.

15. jebadia_64

sony ericson 802.11g Wireless Lan Adapter. While at microsoft website I down loaded an update to this and lost my connection and had to roll back the computer. This happened another time on a different computer with the update and I just rolled back and forgot about the update with no issues.

Jeb

16. DavidGP

Hi

Be always weary of the drivers offered by WinUpdate, I much prefer to get the ones from the maker direct, so check SonyEricsson for your model of card for update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds