All videos go to fullscreen

Discussion in 'Software' started by cmj2k2, Feb 24, 2009.

1. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

Asus S96J notebook
    intel 2.16
    radeon x1600
    yadi yada

windows media center

Whenever I open a video it automatically goes to full screen view and I cant get out of it no matter what keys I push (except alt f4 to close it) It has done it with windows media player, VLC, and Winamp, and with different videos so I know its a universal problem.

Any idea?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I don't know if this will help, but I attached a screen shot below of Windows Media Player. If you right click in the same general area of the bright green box, then navigate through the menus that come up, you should be able to find a setting somewhere. But it could also be that a codec pack is triggering everything to run in full screen mode, which is strange, bit PCs are strange themselves. Maybe uninstall/reinstall your codecs, and maybe there's a setting in one of 'em (like the KLite packs have numerous settings you can configure during/after installation) that you can change....

Attached Files:

3. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

I tried that.. this problem seems very weird.

4. cmj2k2

cmj2k2 Private E-2

This problem still has me confused.

I noticed that my webcam hasnt been working either. I have the drivers for it freshly installed.

Could those 2 things be related?

Also tried uninstalling/reinstalling video codecs also.

...computers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds