Altering music files question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Hack4peace, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Hack4peace

Hack4peace Private E-2

I have been trying to 'upconvert' my lower quality sound files to high quality Mp3 Flac and WMA. When I do so I get a popping sound at beginning of each song. Would this be due to program limitations or could it be the converter i'm using?
    Can a (for example) 192kbps mp3 truly be upgraded to a much higher quality?
    I'm new to this digital format and compression of songs.
    Any helpful response would be much appreciated.

2. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

What did you use for converting?

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You can convert them to a higher bitrate but they WILL NOT be higher quality. In most cases, they will sound worse as your 'popping' problem shows. It matters not what converter you use.

4. Hack4peace

Hack4peace Private E-2

Thanks.

5. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

Just Playin is absolutely correct, you have to look at the lowest denominator ... in this situation lower quality music, its the same as having a set of RCA cable running from your satellite box to your TV and an Optical cable running from your TV to your Amplifier, it wont be Optical quality it will be RCA quality :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds