alternative to DVD X Copy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hifly, Jun 21, 2004.

1. hifly

hifly Private E-2

DVD X Copy costs over a hundred bucks. I've been told its the burn program to get, but 100 bucks? Does anyone have a better suggestion, or a discount site, or any advice for a guy who likes movies but doesn't have alot of cash? Any cheaper software that does the whole nine yards?
    Just trying to figure this whole thing out without mortgaging the farm:)

thanks!

2. razzer

razzer Private E-2

hmm, I have 123copydvd. Its about 30 bucks and does a really good job. I use it all the time, actually a bit more flexible in what it can do than dvdxcopy

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Whole Nine yards Interesting concept.
    For movies Only: I Copy DVD's 2 (Ive seen for $25 at local PC show) and this free download DVD43Free(they work together like simease twins):
    http://www.dvd43.com/
    2 clicks & aprox 40 minutes, option for entire disk or movie only, auto compression (Simple).

Off robo's post/MG backup, some good stuff there.
    Deep burner I like/ DVD shrink too! ( dont exactly fit Whole nine yard's thing but the cost is free)
    I think this will work will work with em.
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

I believe can use DVD shrink and DVDdecrypter alone.
    Shrink, decrypter,43free will work with most any burning program, 43free only on W2K or XP.
    Nero 5.5 with free updates and some of the above is great(I heard is better than 6), but nero cant use +R media (can find cheep)
    Lot of DVD burning programs offer trial period, can check out before you buy.
    Dont find what ya want here at MG, Google

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I thought it was off the market. I'd use DVD Shrink to fit it on 4.7gb discs, but I use DVD decryptor and Nero6(bundled with burner) because I've got the dual layer drive(just wish I had more dual layer discs). Here's a burn app you might want to try http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4242.html . It has a lot of features and it's freeware..

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I use +R (DVD and CD) with Nero 6, no problem, because it's cheaper.

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I Have Nero 5.5 with updates, I recieved warning or error saying +r not supported something like that I Think, Unless I confused with another program, I been trying lots of other programs, around same time I was also checking out Deepburner, Im sure one of the two not +R compatible??
    At the moment I dont have Nero or deepburner loaded on my rig or I would check again, maybe I reload em again and post again lattor.

I dont want to miss lead anyone, if posted incorrect Info I'm sorry, only trying to help

I use Nero and Deepburner on other rigs for CD's both are great programs, and for DVD havent seen any big problems

7. wizard

wizard Private E-2

in canada you can still buy dvdxcopy with a license.. I bought two of them but now the licenses don't work....they say they have been activated more then five times. I think i was ripped off for about 200.00 bucks oh wow good lesson..

wizard@bmts.com

8. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

DVD decrypter followed by DVD shrink both are free.
    with both you can copy any dvd.

9. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

I bought this program from TigerDirect.com before all the hooplah started. I figured get it now before they take this away from us as well :p , but now it won't install, tells me the key is incorrect :confused: There is no website anymore, so tech support is completely out of the question.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds