Am I In The Right Place Here?

Discussion in 'Software' started by bej, Jul 12, 2007.

1. bej

bej Private E-2

hi. I'll keep this short as. Had a problem connecting to the net. Looked in 'my network places' and the NTL icon has vanished and theres nothing there. Been told the problem could be that a driver could of gone missing, died, ran off with another driver. Tried phoning NTL but as I only have a mobile its expensive and half way through calls they have a habbit of cutting me off. Any help would be greatley appriciated.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Check control panel, network connections to see if there is a connection.

Is this dial up or high speed?

3. bej

bej Private E-2

hi. Already checked and there is no connection. NTL say there is nothing wrong at their end so it would seem that its my PC. I'm on broadband. I have 2 USB ports on my PC and the mouse works fine in either, however when booting up, if my NTL modem is connected then the PC will not boot. I have tried using the NTL instalation cd but just after the bit where I'm advised to plug the modem USB cable in I get a message advising me that there is an error with the DHCP? adaptor. "click retry and try again" comes up but no joy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds