Am I Just Really Bad At Mathematics?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jesse Newell, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

I was embedding a QuickTime player on another forum using a video that was 720x400. 720x400 were its actual dimensions. According to MediaInfo, its display aspect ratio was 1.92:1. 720/1.92=375. So I put controller=false, width=720, and height=375, and I ended up with white space on the top and bottom of the video. It took me several tries to get rid of the white space. Eventually, I had to make the height of the video 366. 720/366=1.97, not 1.92. So why did MediaInfo tell me that the video's display aspect ratio was 1.92:1 when it was actually 1.97:1?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I think at times some applications dont read the data correctly or the meta data files are not correct.

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Cheers. I'm gonna stop using QuickTime anyway. The plugin has been blocked by Mozilla due to security vulnerabilities that will apparently never be patched.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

5. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds