AMD 64 3400+ Temp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Neoandyou, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Neoandyou

Neoandyou Private E-2

I have a ABIT KV8-MAX3 motherboard and a AMD 64 3400+ processor. My normal CPU temperature is about 45C and with extreme gaming runs about 62C. People say that this is normal for a 64 bit? What do you think?

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

considering the AMD 64 finally has an on chip heat spreader, your temps do look higehr than what I've been hearing on the AMD64's.

Did you buy the chip retail with an included approved Heatsink/Fan? if not, what kind of cooling solution are you using? Did you apply thermal grease correctly?

from what i've heard, you should be well below 50 C at full load.

3. Neoandyou

Neoandyou Private E-2

The chip is installed with the normal heat sink fan that came with it...I should stress that the temps do not go above 55C with extreme gaming. I hit 62C when I benchmarked it on 3DMARK03. I am thinking of installing a different fan like the Tornado, whadda ya think??

Also do you know of anyone that has overclocked an AMD 64 3400+??

Thanks

Neo

4. Jedi Master

Jedi Master Private E-2

I am running an AMD 3500+ 939-pin. Under a light load (surfing, downloading, watching movie at same time) it is at 40 degrees. This is with a Thermalright SLK-948U heatsink and Tornado 92mm fan. I am going to benchmark it and overclock it some. I'll let you know what the temps reach later on today.

5. mooter

mooter Private E-2

I have an amd 3500 64 bit on a 939 socket, running off an msi neo2 platinum. I'm cooling it with an areocool HT-101 with 2 80mm fans. It runs around 37C when under light load (downloading, surfing, listening to music) and under gaming it'll get up to about 50C.

As for overclocking, I have it running nice and stable at 2.6Ghz and i'm still going!

6. Doby

Doby Sergeant

Yea that seems a little warm but not to bad, I would try and get the idle temp down to 40c or lower and under full load not higher than 60c.

I run a Thermaltake Venus 12 with Artic silver5 and my idle is 37c and full load 55c at a room temp of 70F and my fan controller all the way down cpu fan @2100rpm. When under full load I do turn it up to cpu fan speed 4000rpm about 3/4 rpm speed and is a little noisy.

Rick

7. mudshot

mudshot Private First Class

There are a few other things to look at.

What GPU do you have ? i ask because as you run benchmarks it puts a lot on the GPU and this heats up and is next to your CPU

Maybe you should look at your case temp and maybe improve the sirflow to help the GPU and Memory to cool.

OR

Like me watercool and have peace and quiet at low temps all round :p

8. elementkid07

elementkid07 Private First Class

ur guys's r both high...i have a 3500 w/ a pos hsf its a thermaltake hyper 48 and a asus a8v delux and im running from 29-33C reg and like 35C heavy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds