AMD Asus MB and fsb question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sharp, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Sharp

Sharp Private E-2

I have been asking around, and i have not been able to get a accurate answer on how to verify, and set my fsb correctly.

I have amd xp3200 cpu, and a asus a7n8x deluxe board, (rev 2.0 so it supports 400fsb) 2 512 sticks of pc-3200 ram. I am a newbie to setting freq's and multiplyers. On initial boot-up it says It is running at 200fsb. I would rather run at 400, but whenever i play with the multiplyers, and voltages, i tend to crash. Anyone able to tell me what I should be setting it up as ? .. i will must say it again, i am new to setting setting timing and voltages, so try to be specific :)

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

200Mhz is the correct front side bus speed. The actual speed is multiplied by 2 to get the 400Mhz.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds